Kea Saint Paul's

Friday 18 November 2011

Hooks to Begin Our Writing



James How far did I go?
Sam S “Weeee,” Blake thought.
Jonty “I thought that I was going to win the race but I didn’t,” said Jono.
Blake “I am going to win the race,” yelled Lily.
Seb “That’s my favourite,” said Tim.
Margeaux “I really want to get further than last time,” yelled Ruby.
Finn Run. Run. Run.
John “My legs are buried in sand,” giggled Ruby.
Megan “How long is it until the 9 year olds race?” I asked my Dad who was helping out with the athletics.
Tim “Go Lily go,” yelled the whole school.
Sapphire Did I do well?
Lily Logan thought “I am going to win the race.”
Ruby Jump. Jump. Jump
Jacob Wow! Did I beat my record? 
Dylan “We are going to have a good time at long jump.”
Ceanna “Great job Ruby,” I yelled.

17 comments:

  1. Learning about the way to grab the reader is a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you can hook the reader to your story. I think it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooks are cool because they hook the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hook writing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like hooks. They hook the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work James, that looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooks are great because they grab the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work James, that looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many hooks to get the reader involved.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good work Kea Class. You did well at athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hook Margeaux

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooks are when you grab the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooks are great because they grab the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done kea class all of the hooks are good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great hooks they're awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great hooks everybody enjoyed reading them.:]

    ReplyDelete